My name is Curtis Marion,
On Feb 3 1999 my friend D.L. came to my home with 2 other individuals. He was upset about a prior shooting in which he was shot. He didn't agree with what I had to say, and then he left. I then left and went to B.R.’s house and played cards until 3:00 am. The following day I went to school and returned around 12:00 pm.
D.L. was waiting next door. We spoke and he told me what happened. The next thing I know the police were there to arrest us. I was taken downtown and questioned by Detective G.J. (hereafter G.J.) I told him about what D.L. had shared with me, and signed a statement before I was put back in my cell.
On February 4, 1999, around 9:00 am, G.J. informed me a gun was found in my garage. He took a statement and I was charged 2 days later. I was given a lawyer and discovered the police claimed they found evidence linking me to the crime. I also discovered that G.J. fabricated content in my statements, among other things.
The Prosecution convicted me of Aiding the Murders with the following evidence.
1) My statement which alleged I was at the scene firing shots;
2) My statement alleged I gave the gun’s location.
3) Paperwork claimed to have been found at the scene.
4) Some shoes they claimed matched footprints at the scene.
In April 2017, I hired Special Investigator Scott Lewis. Mr. Lewis discovered the following facts:
1) G.J. conducted an illegal search of my home;
2) My second statement was not the predicate for the search;
3) G.J. filed false reports and supporting documents ie. Affidavit for search warrant and Execution of search warrant;
4) G.J. obtained the paperwork in question during the search of my home and not at the crime scene;
5) G.J. testified falsely at the Preliminary Exam, my Walker Hearing, and my Trial about these facts;
6) Mr. Lewis also discovered within my court file, that Judge Morrow requested the search warrant, However, the prosecution never responded to Judge Morrow’s Notice. I also discovered there were no shoes tested to match any footprints at the scene.
I have always maintained my innocence, and I'm hoping this New Evidence will get me a New Trial or evidentiary Hearing So I receive a fair opportunity to prove my innocence.
I Declare all information herein is truthful and accurate in accordance with Federal Law 28 USC 1746
You can write me, or email me through www.jpay.com.
Curtis Marion #325805
4269 W. M-80
Kincheloe, MI 49784